Friday, September 24, 2010

Medusa's Makeup and Hard Candy!

So, I've been alittle on the ill side the past few days so I slacked on my blog, so sorry:(   But I really wanted to post a review on Hard Candy and Medusa's Makeup, which are two of my favorite makeup lines that hardly anyone talks about.  They are both cruelty free and Medusa's Makeup is Vegan!! 
So first is Medusa's Makeup, you can purchase Medusa's Makeup at medusasmakeup.com

Medusa's carries eye dust (which is in the above picture), eye glitter, lip gloss, brushes, makeup remover, and lots of other goodies.   The four eye dusts above are Big Bird (yellow), Planet Earth (blue), Passion (pink) and Studio 54 (white)
Medusa's has almost every color in the rainbow in dust, pressed eyeshadow and glitter form. They also carry colorful mascara and lipgloss!

The eye dusts and glitter are $6 each, the pressed eyeshadow is $8 each, and the lipgloss is $9 each, so the prices are excellent.

Here are swatches of each color dry, so as you can see they are pretty bright!  The white is a sheer powder with a slight gold shimmer, if you want WHITE I would suggest BLOW, their whitest eye dust.  You can apply these wet using water or their eyeliner seal, pictured below:



This seal works very much like water, but has much better staying power!  I use it to wet the brush then dip the brush in the powder.  It works great for eyeliner which is it's main purpose! 



This is Medusa's Stickit!  It works like a eyedust primer.  It is wax based so you need to rub it to get the product on your finger and then only PAT it on your eyelid b/c if you put too much it will crease, but I LOVE this stuff.


I also own ALL of Medusa's Makeup lipglosses, you can purchase all 12 for just $29!  They each have their own smell like vanilla or grape but they do taste alittle synthetic:(  But the pigments are great, I was so surprised that the purple gloss goes on purple!  These are not your typical glosses, they carry a good amount of color!
Again, visit: Medusa's Makeup  (also, they ship superfast!)

Next, Hard Candy:

You can find Hard Candy at your local Wal-mart, though each Wally World carries different products from the Hard Candy line.  Again, Hard Candy is cruelty-free and they carry great alternatives to more expensive brands.
This is Hard Candy's Primer! I love love love this primer and of all the primers I've tried (even higher end pricier primers) this is my favorite.  It is ULTRA smooth and works on any skin type, I know cause I've used it on all skin types!  It smoothes out the appearance of pores, wrinkles, even pimples!  Let it dry for a moment or two before applying your foundation which will go on super smooth and stay all day!
What is also great about it is that is free of color like many primers but it's not a gel.  You have to try it, only $8!!

Hard Candy's Moonglow powder is a GREAT replacement for Loreal Photo Ready powder and at $8, its a good $3 to $4 cheaper!  It's a translusent, but NOTHING is translucent, so expect it to appear alittle white if you apply too much, the idea is to use just alittle all over after applying all your makeup.  It helps give your skin a smooth shimmer that flatters anyone's skin!  What's great about a powder with luminescents is that they catch light and help your face appear more even-toned, help disguise blemishes, and give your face a healthy glow!
Hard Candy blush in Living Doll, it's a shimmery bright pink, which you can't see in the picture, it gives your cheeks a nice glow!

Nobody's Perfect Concealer Palette.  This a nice smooth concealer palette but I would not recommend it for dry skin:(  It comes in light or medium tones and each has green, yellow, and pink color correctors. I've used the pink all over my face on blotchy days to even my skin-tone and I use the lightest concealer to cover under-eye circles and brighten my eyes!  This is NOT a concealer I would recommend for heavy coverage but for everyday light coverage it's perfect!

Hard Candy line also carries an eye primer which I LOVE, I prefer it over urban decay!  Alot of primers are too thick or paste-like and can smudge but HD's is very smooth and light, I used it on my 13 year old sister and her eye makeup stayed all day, that's pretty powerful!  Their line has a lash primer which I have not tried but I'm sure works great if their other primers are any indication, lipgloss, lipstick, foundation, eyeshadow, and nail polish, so go to Wal-Mart and go crazy!

So those are two of my faves, I have more Medusa's Makeup coming in the mail including some eye glitter so I'll post a review when I get those!

Hope everyone is doing well and having magical mystical adventures, thanks for looking in the cubby!

1 comment:

  1. i never tried medusa make up! I will now! New follower by the way! Follow me if u would like as well! :)

    chunkyfunkymonkeyz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete